Swift Lock - Worst product ever

I am the owner operator of a Handyman service, I have been in business for over 30 years. A customer bought 840Sf of Natural Maple Swiftlock laminate flooring.

After 6 hours of work I was able to install less that 30Sf of this crap, the locking tabs broke on 90% of the planks, they would not lock leaving a gap between rows, the edges chipped, rolled or heaved leaving a ridge. After my 6 hours of struggle, I told the home owner there was NO way I could work with this product and make it look nice. I told her to return it and get a better product. If I could give this product a negative star rating it would be -20.

I will never bid of another job if Swiftlock is being used or on site. In fact I would not use this product if it was given to me for free.

Swift Lock - Tough to install, zero water resistance

Had to connect short sides together first, making sure edges were absolutely smooth parallel to each other. Then take whole row turned up at 45' angle slide/click into previous row.

Worked best when you had two people holding 15 ft. long strip of planks, then working down seam to make sure edges click together before flattening down new row. Even then didn't always securely lock up and you would have to re-do 2-3 rows! Real problem is product doesn't hold up to any wetness.

Yes I have a not so good dog, pee penetrates seams if not caught immediately edges swell up. Also smell holds so we get a repeat pee-formance!

The center layer of this product is like pegboard. I've torn it out went with Lifeproof /Isocore solid vinyl from Home Depot

Comments

William, your a dumb *** Really?

You failed to explain the nature of the product, object for usage, expected results.

An even $500 sounds awfully suspicious for anything except a wager.

Are you an expert installer ?

My dog has never peed anywhere except where she is supposed to in 13 years.

Sounds like you have more than one problem to fix.

Swift Lock - Worst

Purchased laminate flooring item # 245168 Model 367761-00225 from Lowe's in Petoskey, MI. Had an installer ATTEMPT to put it down, finally after 2 weeks of struggle, she gave up and said she could not spend any further time on it.

We decided to take it back. Lowe's did give us an in-store credit, but the installer is still charging for her time. Basically I have paid for an installation that never occurred. This product was not snapping into place, tongue and grove was chipped right out of the box.

She would put one piece in and the previous one would snap out of place. So now I am not only don't have a floor, if I do have a floor put down, I will be paying double.

I should be reimbursed for this installation fee. There must be something you can do for me!

Comments

I have style selection swiftlock. I paid a contractor who is licensed and bonded.

The floor looked ok, but it hasn’t been a year and it looks like cardboard with a thin chipped up wood on top. It flakes on edges. I am terrified to mop it for fear it will fall apart like paper. Pitiful!

I do not recommend this product to anyone. You pay for what you get. Junk!

I expected it to look like new, since it has been less than 1 year! Very disappointed and dissatisfied!

Swift Lock - Horrible product! We were not only disappointed but mad that Lowe's would sell something like this!

Unfortunately, we didn't read the reviews about Swift Lock first. I found a really nice color/style and we waited over a week for it to come in.

Eagerly started putting the floor in and couldn't get the pieces to stop popping up, couldn't get them to snap in properly and when you did, other pieces got shifted or popped up. Tried gluing down a few pieces and that didn't help. Just a horrible, horrible product. I can't believe this Swift Lock company is still in business.

We have installed laminate flooring in two other rooms with no problem, but it certainly wasn't the Swift Lock brand. Also, the guy at Lowe's sold us some under layment which is what we didn't need because we have plywood, not cement. Service was bad, you go there and no one is there to help you for the most part.

At least Lowe's let us return this garbage without question. Maybe they are used to people returning this crappy brand of laminate.

Product or Service Mentioned: Swift Lock Laminate Flooring.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

This product is absolute *** GARBAGE! The tabs on the side break under minimal pressure. First 5 pieces I laid down broke.

Swift Lock - Lowes should replace this . And labor.

This is the 100th laminate floor I have done and let me tell you this product is bad. The worst is that the pieces are not equal in size so you fight it all the way.

End result looks good but you can not move a chair over it without the leg catching on one of the seams, which do not all lock in. Bad deal!!bad bad bad bad. Actually I am done but they require 100 words before they will post.

Goofy. Still need more words .Still need more words.At 92 words but still need more words.Does not seem like they want to post this.

I didn't like: Quality.

Swift Lock - Laminate Flooring Review from Lancaster, Pennsylvania

1.9

I just put this in my living room and I hate it. It looks pretty but out of the 12 boxes I bought there was pieces in each box that had issues.

Now that the floor is in it is coming up on the corners of some of the pieces and it is going to end up pealing. I am so mad.

I have put in flooring like this a few times before and never had an issue. Swift Lock is not a good brand.