Swift Lock - Buckling laminate floor

I bought this remodeled condo 3 months ago. Loved the floors at first, however now I am finding numerous areas that are buckling. Haven't looked into repairs yet but really worried that it is going to be an expensive job.

Swift Lock - Simple Review #1481239260

I really like my swiftlock floor

Product or Service Mentioned: Swift Lock Flooring.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Swift Lock - Flooring Review from Detroit, Michigan

5.0

I put swift lock flooring in two of my upstairs bedrooms. GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

I did both rooms just two days. One full day of pulling up carpet and pad with staples from the pad. Pulling off trim and cleaning and mopping on day one. Day two I laid the floor in both rooms and it looks amazing still today!!!

I put these down 4 years ago in each of my boys rooms. They are not gentle on anything. One of them moved out a couple days ago and my wife and I were cleaning his room and the floor still looks amazing!!!! No scratches.

No separations in the floor. It looks like I put it down yesterday.

My wife was more than shocked how great the floor still looks. GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Swift Lock Flooring.

Reason of review: Good quality.

SWIFT LOCK SOLD AT LOWES

I just put this down for a customer and a friend on a remodel project. I am a builder with 30 years under my tool belt have put down floating floors before , THIS STUFF IS JUNK THE DAY THEY MADE IT.

riges in the surface, can't interlock it to the previous course, ruined it trying to "gently tap" it into place. DIMENSIONAL DIFFERENCES AMONG THE BATCHES. If I had a dog I would tile his dog house floor, this stuff is absolute garbage.

If you value your reputation as a builder and I for one do, don't let the customer bring you this garbage, and have you install it. I am always bit from behind when a customer brings me material they find and this will be the last time I install any floating floor in my career period.

Comments

Metairie, Louisiana, United States #1215264

I am also a builder and I agree this stuff is junk would never use it again

Swift Lock - Simple Review #1453841224

Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania

This is the worse material I ever worked with. Some sections locked and most did not.

Probably wasted the money?

At least I know what I wont buy again. Wish I had researched first!

Swift Lock - Floors failed after just a few months

3.0

The material has failed completely from humidity in just 3 months. The under-surface material has expanded and caused all the joints to fail and large areas of the surface to rise in uneven blobs that are about 1/8 of an inch high and many inches wide.

All of the flooring will need to be removed and replaced. Ps I do at least 2 to 3 complete laminate floors a year and are installed by professionals with the required vapor barrier and foam underlayment.

This is the first time in over 14 years that I have had a floor fail and many floors are over a dozen years old.

If you have any similar experiences please emai me at flyskidive@gmail.com Thanks

Monetary Loss: $2000.

I didn't like: Very poor quality of laminate flooring.

Swift Lock - Problems w/SwiftLock Laminated Flooring in last 6 MO..

I purchased Swiftlock Laminated flooring (Lowes) in July 2015 & I am shocked that the quality is SO BAD. Is there anyone else in the last 6 months having the same issue, any positive or negative results dealing with either Lowes or the floor company?

I am dealing with Lowes and is taking so long.

As Lowes is advertising ON SALE laminated flooring NOW, BUYER BEWARE....DON'T BUY IT from Lowes. I Would be happy to share my nightmare with you on this flooring product. Just email me for my feedback.

Any feedback would be appreciated if you have had problems. newchanges21@cox.net

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Credit my account, replace with better quality flooring, support the customer and in a timely manner. .

I didn't like: Very low poor quality of laminated flooring.

• Flooring Nightmare

Swift Lock - Flooring Review from Chicopee, Massachusetts

2.0

I have installed this exact flooring before with no issue except the care it takes to do so. Therefore I chose it again for a 300sf project.

It went down normal. That is to say slow and tedious. The next morning the sunlight showed 2 different glosses. I called Lowe's who sent out a manager and then an independent inspector.

After no response for a while I calles to find out the manufacturer Clarion blames me for their bad product! Said I should have seperated the boxes more, that working from 4 boxes at a time wasn't enough. ?.

Seperating boxes is not even hinted at in their instructions. After 30 years and many hundred thousand dollars, I believe Lowe's and I are going to part paths on this one

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Swift Lock - Worst flooring I have ever tried to install.

2.0

I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing this product. I have installed many floors, but this was without a doubt the worst experience ever.

You have to beat the thing to death to get it to lock, and even then the surface is not smooth but has a ridge, as if one panel is a different thickness than the other. After getting halfway through the floor, I called Lowe's and complained.

Store manager said they would take it back, along with the underlayment I purchased. Coming from a company like Shaw, I am amazed that this is such a bad product.

Swift Lock - Left high and dry

Swift lock is in 90 percent of my senior condo. Having problems with sections buckling and pulling up, can't find a recourse for repairs.

I only wanted company to send me 3 boxes I was going to do pay out of our pocket to have it replaced.

Lowes and Home Depot advise they no longer carrying that product. The product is a 20 year warrantee

Product or Service Mentioned: Swift Lock Flooring.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.