Swift Lock - Buckling laminate floor

I bought this remodeled condo 3 months ago. Loved the floors at first, however now I am finding numerous areas that are buckling. Haven't looked into repairs yet but really worried that it is going to be an expensive job.

Swift Lock - Worst product ever

I am the owner operator of a Handyman service, I have been in business for over 30 years. A customer bought 840Sf of Natural Maple Swiftlock laminate flooring.

After 6 hours of work I was able to install less that 30Sf of this crap, the locking tabs broke on 90% of the planks, they would not lock leaving a gap between rows, the edges chipped, rolled or heaved leaving a ridge. After my 6 hours of struggle, I told the home owner there was NO way I could work with this product and make it look nice. I told her to return it and get a better product. If I could give this product a negative star rating it would be -20.

I will never bid of another job if Swiftlock is being used or on site. In fact I would not use this product if it was given to me for free.

Swift Lock - No problems at all...

4.3

had swiftlock installed on my upper floor of 1500 feet in 1 day..that was 7 years ago and it still looks like new..have had us, kids , toys, dogs, cats, etc. ..moved furniture across it and NOTHING harmed it..I just dont believe all this so called reveiws aon here slamming it..am not a pro installer but had no problems whatsoever ..and still havent...I am looking for about 200- 225 ft. of moroccan hickory style laminate floor to do another room now, but, alas, Lowes does not carry anymore...does anyone have some or know where some is hidden away...great floor for us....contact me as soon as possible or I just might put some of that ceramic flooring down as it is in a kitchen...

Product or Service Mentioned: Swift Lock Flooring Installation.

Reason of review: Good quality.

Swift Lock - Fraud, the name should be pain and suffering

I did one room with another brand and suckered in by the name. Swift lock is garbage, I wouldn’t take it even if it was free! Stay clear of this nightmare.

Swift Lock - This *** is garbage

Words can’t descibe just how bad this stuff is, you’ll have to muscle it every step of the way they should be sued for false advertisement nothing “swift” about this locking mechanism

Swift Lock - Need clearwater oak honey L6011 081 new or used planks

3.0

discontinued product. need to replace about 10 planks due to water damage.

dimarker4@aol.com akron ohio. shipping is no problem. so if you are replacing this floor,take your time removing it because there are about 100 people looking for this floor on the web. I had no major issues installing this floor.

I did have to glue some of the joints because they wanted to separate. I put in about 400 square feet. and was not able to get all of it at one store. this made me a little nervous because not all of it was made on the same time and i was concerned that it would have a different shade but it all did look the same.

hope somebody has some of this flooring. thanks mark

Reason of review: discontinued product.

Preferred solution: if i cant find replacement planks then the entire floor has to be ripped out.

Swift Lock - This *** shouldn't be sold

Pain in the *** knees n mind !!! I wouldn't refers this to nobody!!

Swift Lock - Tough to install, zero water resistance

Had to connect short sides together first, making sure edges were absolutely smooth parallel to each other. Then take whole row turned up at 45' angle slide/click into previous row.

Worked best when you had two people holding 15 ft. long strip of planks, then working down seam to make sure edges click together before flattening down new row. Even then didn't always securely lock up and you would have to re-do 2-3 rows! Real problem is product doesn't hold up to any wetness.

Yes I have a not so good dog, pee penetrates seams if not caught immediately edges swell up. Also smell holds so we get a repeat pee-formance!

The center layer of this product is like pegboard. I've torn it out went with Lifeproof /Isocore solid vinyl from Home Depot

Product or Service Mentioned: Swift Lock Laminate Flooring.

Comments

William, your a dumb *** Really?

You failed to explain the nature of the product, object for usage, expected results.

An even $500 sounds awfully suspicious for anything except a wager.

Are you an expert installer ?

My dog has never peed anywhere except where she is supposed to in 13 years.

Sounds like you have more than one problem to fix.

Swift Lock - Unhappy Consumer

1.5

About 2 years after having it put in greatroom, den, hall & bedroom, it started seperating & curling.

Product or Service Mentioned: Laminate Flooring.

Swift Lock - Worst

Petoskey, MI 49770, USA 1 comment

Purchased laminate flooring item # 245168 Model 367761-00225 from Lowe's in Petoskey, MI. Had an installer ATTEMPT to put it down, finally after 2 weeks of struggle, she gave up and said she could not spend any further time on it.

We decided to take it back. Lowe's did give us an in-store credit, but the installer is still charging for her time. Basically I have paid for an installation that never occurred. This product was not snapping into place, tongue and grove was chipped right out of the box.

She would put one piece in and the previous one would snap out of place. So now I am not only don't have a floor, if I do have a floor put down, I will be paying double.

I should be reimbursed for this installation fee. There must be something you can do for me!

Product or Service Mentioned: Swift Lock Laminate Flooring.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I have style selection swiftlock. I paid a contractor who is licensed and bonded.

The floor looked ok, but it hasn’t been a year and it looks like cardboard with a thin chipped up wood on top. It flakes on edges. I am terrified to mop it for fear it will fall apart like paper. Pitiful!

I do not recommend this product to anyone. You pay for what you get. Junk!

I expected it to look like new, since it has been less than 1 year! Very disappointed and dissatisfied!